CGMA: Global Management Accounting Designation Launched by AICPA and CIMAAnne Rosivach
February 21, 2012 — 1,811 views
In a joint venture, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) have launched a new global accounting designation – Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) – that recognizes the unique skills of professional management accountants working in business.
- Website and publications: Access to CGMA publications, including CGMA Magazine and the CGMA Newsletter.
- Community/Global Network: Connect to a global network of peers via CGMA's online community.
- Tools: Planning tools, checklists, decision trees, an enterprise risk management assessment tool, and real-world case studies.
- Reports: Research, tools and techniques, and strategic insights from experts on key issues facing businesses in the global economy.
- Professional development: Online courses, webinars, digital publications, and conferences are available at special pricing for CGMA holders.
- Three years of financial (including internal audit) or management accounting experience in business, industry, or government; or
- Two years of financial or management accounting experience plus one year in public accounting; or
- Three years of financial/management accounting experience on a consulting basis; or
- Three years in a management accounting role focused on the management and operation of an accounting firm.