Six Things Accountants Often Don't Understand about LinkedInMark Lee
February 16, 2012 — 1,539 views
- Prospective clients who are looking for someone with your expertise in your area.
- Prospective collaborators who would like to merge their practice with someone just like you.
- Business and professional people you meet while out networking or who are recommended to you and look you up on the web.
- Ex-colleagues who used to work with you and want to get back in touch. Perhaps they want to refer some work to you?
- Ex-clients from when you were with another firm who may no longer be happy with their current accountant.
- Recruiters for positions in commerce or practice who are looking for someone just like you.
Mark Lee is Consultant Practice Editor of AccountingWeb and Chairman of the Tax Advice Network of independent tax specialists. His personal website and blog are at: http://www.BookMarkLee.co.uk. You can also connect with him on LinkedIn. This article first appeared on our sister site, http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/.